Film and Video

eglingham2Halls need to seek copyright clearance when showing moving pictures (films/videos/DVDs/BlueRay). Purchased DVD’s etc only allow the right for people to play them in a domestic situation. To obtain copyright clearance you will need to approach one of two collecting agencies. If you want to show a film to an audience in a community  building you will need to approach either the Motion Picture Licensing Company (MPLC)  01323 649647 or the Filmbank 0207 984 5921  You will need to discuss with them whether it is best to go for a licence for each showing for a paying audience or an annual licence which imposes restrictions on how you can market the films, the maximum size of the audience and whether you can charge for admission to see the film.

Photograph: Eglingham Village hall